Thank you for your interest in Summer at Wellesley. As we continue to monitor public health guidance from state and federal authorities, it appears unlikely that the COVID-19 crisis will be resolved by June. As a result, we are cancelling all on-campus residential programming for Summer 2020, including our Pre-College and Contemporary Women’s Leadership Programs. We will work with students to process refunds for these programs.
Summer Term 2020 classes will change to an online 6-week format via remote instruction. The new Summer 2020 schedule will be posted by Tuesday, April 21.
To keep the community informed about the virus, Wellesley has published a COVID-19 website with detailed updates and information about the illness and how it is affecting our campus.
Please be assured that we are working hard to map out a successful summer for both you and our students. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellesley is actively monitoring the local and global health situation related to COVID-19, also called coronavirus, with the health and well-being of our community firmly in mind.
- With the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus expanding across the globe, the College is actively monitoring scientific and health care recommendations from experts and authorities both locally and globally.
- Wellesley’s Summer Pre-College and visiting Undergraduate Programs are over three months away; therefore, it is too early to predict the precise impact on each of our programs and all of the students and families enrolled. Wellesley will continue to rely on guidance from the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization.
- To keep the community informed about the virus, Wellesley has published a COVID-19 website with detailed updates and information about the illness and how it will affect our campus. While much of the information is intended for year-round students, faculty, and staff, updates about our summer programs will be posted and regularly updated on this page as well.
- If more focused information needs to be shared, we will do so via email to students and families.
- At this point, we encourage families with students traveling to one of our programs from affected areas to:
- monitor local travel restrictions, as well as the U.S. State Department website, for updates;
- consider insurance that covers cancelation or change in travel plans.
- We will have detailed protocols in place this summer should anyone participating in our programs become ill.
- Students who are not able to come to Wellesley as a result of travel or visa restrictions enacted by the U.S. government or due to the program being cancelled will receive a full refund of the deposit and program fee they paid to Wellesley at the time they accepted their offer of admission. Please note that the U.S. government will not issue refunds for SEVIS fees or for non-immigrant visa fees.
- If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please contact our Summer Admissions team at 781-283-2200 or email email@example.com.
We expect to have a robust, exciting summer at Wellesley, and we look forward to seeing you then!